Husky Leadership Initiative
Husky Leadership Certificate
“This gave me an opportunity to reflect on my experiences and skills in a way that I hadn’t been challenged to do before. On top of that, I was able to find a clear and confident way to articulate those skills both in person and online.”
–Husky Leadership Certificate alumnus
Student leadership happens inside and beyond the classroom. By pursuing a Husky Leadership Certificate, students engage in a process that enables them to reflect upon their leadership development and then articulate their understanding to a larger audience.
Application open for 2014-2015
Apply to be part of this year’s Husky Leadership Certificate cohort.
- Application closed.
Why earn a Husky Leadership Certificate?
- Student leadership is rewarding but requires a lot of work, time and dedication. By earning a Husky Leadership Certificate, students deepen their learning and see their accomplishments celebrated.
- Through this process students grow as leaders, improve their already dependable strengths, and more effectively articulate the value of their skills and experiences. This helps students while they are undergraduates and also helps them prepare for scholarship and graduate school applications, job interviews, and more.
Beginning in late fall and continuing into spring quarter, selected undergraduate students:
- Develop an e-portfolio to collect evidence and artifacts that demonstrate development in knowledge, values, abilities, and behaviors associated with socially responsible leadership. The Student Leadership Competencies are a foundation for self-assessment.
- Work with assigned mentors on their portfolios.
- Enroll in an optional 1-credit winter quarter course (Tuesdays 3:30-4:50 p.m.) to support their portfolio development process.
- Present their work at the Spring Celebration of Service and Leadership or during a small group interview.
Please visit the portfolio gallery from the 2013-14 Husky Leadership Certificate cohort.