Husky Leadership Initiative
U Lead We Lead
U Lead We Lead is the Husky Leadership Initiative’s signature event kicking off the school year. It is a cross-campus collaboration of faculty, staff and students that uses the art of storytelling to motivate leaders of today and tomorrow. As a community, we dive into timely and relevant questions about leadership. Beginning with the questions “What is leadership? How do I become a better leader?” U Lead We Lead participants learn from stories of leadership development—their own and those of local luminaries.
At U Lead We Lead, faculty, staff, and students build conversation in small groups that encourage active participation and sharing. No lectures about leadership here; this event is all about stories, experiences, and learning from one another.
U Lead We Lead 2014: Cultivating Leadership
10/29/14 | 6-8:00 p.m.
U Lead We Lead: Cultivating Leadership helps your leadership skills take root; nurture them by staying involved in Husky Leadership Initiative programs throughout the year.
U Lead We Lead 2014: Cultivating Leadership Speakers
(click on name for detailed speaker biographies)
- Sara Lopez, Coach’s Coach, Inclusive Educator
- Benjamin Danielson, Local Hero, Doctor
- Ginny Gilder, Olympic Medalist, Wavemaker
- Roy Diaz, Startup Advocate, Science Champion
U Lead We Lead 2013: Cultivating Leadership
U Lead We Lead 2012
- U Lead We Lead event encourages cross-campus conversation The Daily | 10/25/12
- For the social media perspective of U Lead We Lead 2012, check out this Storify collection.